Make it Bigger

Because their is crowd in our bed we need a quilt that is a little larger. I decided to add borders to this quilt. It was a scrap quilt built from my stash a couple of years ago.  It was 93″ x 93″ and after a few washing’s it shrunk to 88″ x 88″ That few inches was a lot.  I needed more covers. So I decided to add a border.  I found just enough of the original reds and other fabrics that would work for this project.

12507090_10207532346039075_5755769277521152447_n

This is what it looks like now. the borders were added in long strips. I measured to make sure that they would fit. However, color me STUPID. Because the quilt had been laundered and the borders had not been laundered. So before I attached them I decided to launder them.  They shrunk. So then I had to make corner blocks to fill in the holes.  1

Here are 2 of the corners up close. The front and the back. I hand stitched the front along the original binding. then I turned it over and blind stitched it to the back on my BERNINA. Using the blind hem foot a wide stitch and a long length. I am pleased with the results.Now my body parts will stay warm.

img_0994

img_0995

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s